Espey Manufacturing & Electronics is seeking a senior level, experienced buyer with knowledge of mechanical and electrical components. Basic knowledge of electronics parts and Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) is beneficial.
- Strategic Thinking, Planning, and Action to negotiate prices and terms with suppliers
- Identify suppliers with respect to risk, cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Plans and manages materials to meet customer requirements and best support the company’s goals.
- Audits suppliers’ facilities to evaluate them as sources and responsible for the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems. Requires travel.
- Communicates the status of supplier scorecard to supply base and assures corrective and preventive action from underperforming suppliers.
- Assists Strategic Sourcing Agents with questions, issues, & gives advice/direction when needed in various tasks.
- Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues with purchased items.
- Manage subcontracts and complex commodities (i.e. CCA, external fabrications, castings)
- Continuous Improvement
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business & Supply Chain, Business Administration with five (5) years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required.
- Strong background and proven history of quoting & negotiation processes
**Must be US Citizen**
Send resumes and salary requirements to Espey Mfg.& Electronics Corp., Attn: Human Resources, 233 Ballston Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE