We currently have an opening for an Accounting Manager to join our dynamic team. This exciting opportunity will allow an individual to gain experience in a variety of processes. In the position, you will work closely with the Asst. Treasurer and CFO to ensure the accurate and timely recording of revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the following accounting cycles: Accounts Payable; Raw Stock Inventory; and Fixed Assets. Responsible for the direct supervision of accounts payable personnel.
- Oversee the accuracy of general ledger transactions to include preparation of account reconciliations and flux analyses.
- Quarterly financial close responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and support SEC 10-Q and 10-K reporting requirements.
- Assist in ensuring the adequacy of internal controls through monitoring and compliance testing.
- Accounting research and review of adopted accounting pronouncements.
- Prepare weekly cash analyses for senior managers.
- Prepare financial and cost analyses supporting contract programs.
- Oversee and manage the annual physical inventory.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Cross train with others in the accounting department to provide back-up and perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required with demonstrated related work experience. Critical job candidate qualities include: well-organized, willingness to learn, team-oriented, self-motivated, analytical, excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, and a proficiency in excel. The candidate must demonstrate previous or working knowledge of preparing reconciliations. Current or previous working knowledge with accounts payable is desirable.
**Must be US Citizen**
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.