- Must be comfortable with use and mixing of varnishes, solvents, sealants, oils, coatings, and epoxies.
- Tasks include dipping, encapsulating, applying, and submerging assemblies in varnishes, coatings, transformer oil, and encapsulants.
- Requires safety glasses at all times, and may require use of safety apparatus such as gloves, hot-mitts, apron, respirator, or dust mask.
- Able to accurately measure materials by weight or volume and mix as required by process specification or manufacturer’s instructions.
- Labeling of all secondary-containers so dispensed/transferred material maintains traceability.
- Ability to read and understand product specifications (prints), process specifications, material data sheets, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver weights up to 35 pounds and utilize overhead hoist or crane for heavier products.
- Able to safely operate overhead hoists and cranes to lift and lower product, as well as pallet jacks for moving product as needed.
- Requires loading and unloading of racks and fixtures used in the processing of products.
- Use of hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, blades, measuring tape, calipers, cutters, scissors, and punches.
- Use of power tools such as vacuum cleaner, die grinder, grinding/wire wheel, drill-press, impact driver, and hydraulic press.
- Able to set operating parameters and time intervals of ovens, vacuum chambers, and vacuum pumps.
- Preparing product for processing by installing fixtures and/or clamping devices as well as application of masking and mold-release compounds.
- Cleaning fixtures and associated hardware, plates, and trays as required.
- Cleaning of product post-processing in order to remove excess varnish, resin, epoxy, and encapsulants.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas, ovens, vacuum chambers, and overall department area.
- Maintaining equipment logs and maintenance records.
- Use of computer for clocking in and out, logging in and out of job operations, and taking counts for completed tasks. Must add notes for explanation as required.
**MUST BE US CITIZEN**
Send resume and salary requirements to Espey Mfg. & Electronics Corp., Attn: Human Resources, 233 Ballston Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE