- Must be comfortable with use and mixing of varnishes, solvents, sealants, oils, coatings, and epoxies.
- Tasks include dipping, encapsulating, applying, and submerging assemblies in varnishes, coatings, transformer oil, and encapsulants.
- Requires safety glasses at all times, and may require use of safety apparatus such as gloves, hot-mitts, apron, respirator, or dust mask.
- Able to accurately measure materials by weight or volume and mix as required by process specification or manufacturer’s instructions.
- Labeling of all secondary-containers so dispensed/transferred material maintains traceability.
- Ability to read and understand product specifications (prints), process specifications, material data sheets, and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver weights up to 35 pounds and utilize overhead hoist or crane for heavier products.
- Able to safely operate overhead hoists and cranes to lift and lower product, as well as pallet jacks for moving product as needed.
- Requires loading and unloading of racks and fixtures used in the processing of products.
- Use of hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, blades, measuring tape, calipers, cutters, scissors, and punches.
- Use of power tools such as vacuum cleaner, die grinder, grinding/wire wheel, drill-press, impact driver, and hydraulic press.
- Able to set operating parameters and time intervals of ovens, vacuum chambers, and vacuum pumps.
- Preparing product for processing by installing fixtures and/or clamping devices as well as application of masking and mold-release compounds.
- Cleaning fixtures and associated hardware, plates, and trays as required.
- Cleaning of product post-processing in order to remove excess varnish, resin, epoxy, and encapsulants.
- Maintain clean and organized work areas, ovens, vacuum chambers, and overall department area.
- Maintaining equipment logs and maintenance records.
- Use of computer for clocking in and out, logging in and out of job operations, and taking counts for completed tasks. Must add notes for explanation as required.
**Must be US Citizen**
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.