Espey is currently looking for a Printed Circuit Board Designer to design and develop printed circuit boards. Job responsibilities include the following:
· Proficiency in use of computer aided drafting (CAD) programs tailored to printed circuit board design such as PADs, KICAD, Altium, etc.
· Generate documents and electronic files such as schematics, assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, bills of materials, gerber files for circuit card fabrication, and pick and place files for circuit card component population and assembly.
· Draft layouts for standard and dense, hi-speed, multi-layer boards, mixed through hole and surface mount layouts, and high current, high voltage, high power switching designs.
· Assist design engineers with component selection suitable for circuit design and layout requirements.
· Work with design engineers’ circuit simulation schematics and other design input to produce documentation for prototype and evaluation circuit boards.
· Create new part and component files and maintain electronic part library.
· Process changes to printed circuit boards, circuit card assemblies and associated electronic files, and create change notice documentation for change review and approval
· Participate in engineering peer reviews of schematic and circuit card design and layout to verify designs meet requirements.
Previous experience with electrical components and electronic circuit operation and PCB layout is required. Associates or Bachelors degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering is preferred.
**Must be a US Citizen**
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.