The Quote Manager manages all aspects of providing quotations for Espey products to our customers and satisfying all customer needs prior to purchase order placement. Responsibilities include:
- Works with program management, sales management and directly with customers to receive requests for quote (RFQ’s) and initiate the quote process.
- Initiate department personnel to acquire necessary costs in support of a customer RFQ
- Enter customer and opportunity information into Espey’s ERP System, Epicor
- Assign tasks and establish due dates for operations and engineering department deliverables.
- Establish due dates for cost estimates to be complete from operations and engineering departments and enter them in into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system Epicor.
- Initiate department personnel in review and acceptance of quality, Government and RFQ requirements for RFQ’s.
- Provide Security Screening on companies and individuals not listed as a Tier 1 company, in support of customer RFQ’s and orders.
- The main focal or POC between Espey and the customer in acquiring all necessary drawings and documentation in support of RFQ’s.
- The main focal or POC in submittal and acquiring approval of all engineering generated ECN’s associated with a product.
- The main focal or POC for customer returns for evaluation and repair including constant communication and the quoting of these repairs.
- Initiate and schedule Cost and Price Review meetings in support of Espey quotes for customer RFQ’s.
- Fill out customer forms and provide requested information. Follow strict guidelines in collecting department and management approvals and saving them in quote folders.
- Uses Customer Relations Management (CRM) software (PipeDrive) for entry and maintenance of Espey quotes in support of sales forecasting.
- Ensure quotations are delivered with all requested and necessary information.
- Follow strict guidelines in collecting department and management approvals and saving them in quote folders.
- Interface with sales, program managers and account managers to ensure quoted value, probability of win and expected award dates are accurate in Epicor and Pipedrive.
- Maintains certifications and representation documents for customers.
The position will require becoming familiar with Espey departments, products and process. Communication skills and the ability to interface with multiple disciplines individually and in a team is required. Innovation and suggestions on how to improve processes and procedures is be encouraged. Requirements include: working as part of a cross functional team, data entry, MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, organization, teamwork and communication. Ability to learn manufacturing ERP system and CRM software, contract review, and gain electronic product knowledge.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering, or 3-5 years of related work experience required. Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills also required.
**MUST be a US Citizen** EOE