This unit is a high voltage pulse transformer used in the E-2C Hawkeye Airborne Surveillance Radar. The unit forms an integral part of the modulator for the Coaxitron radar transmitter by providing a 20kV, 200AMP, 13uS positive pulse to the plate circuit of the grid amplifier tube.
- Input Voltage: 5 kV nominal, 800AMPS peak
- Frequency: 285 PPS to 305 PPS
- Input Working Voltage: 6.5 kV PEAK
- Rated Input Power: 3.05 MW PEAK at a duty cycle of .0039
- Full Load Rated Current: 205 AMPS peak
- Output Working Voltage: 26 kV PEAK
- Efficiency: 95%
- Capacity divider: 1000:1 on the output when used in series with a 15,000pF capacitor
- Weight: 65 lbs
- Operating Temp: -54 to +71 °C
- Liquid Cooled: FC-77, 11.6GPM
- Full MIL-E-5400H Class 1 Environment, 35,000 foot altitude
- 22,000 hour MTBF
Click here for the PDF version.